Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pinkalicious Faces

One of Mia's favorite books is Pinkalicious by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann.  We read it ALL the time.  In the story, a little girl named Pinkalicious loves the color pink.  She eats too many pink cupcakes and her whole body turns pink.  Her doctor tells her mother that Pinkalicious has an acute case of pinkititis.  The only cure is a steady diet of green vegetables.  It's a really cute story.  Last night, Wesley was pointing to each page and asking Mia to make the same face as Pinkalicious.  It was pretty hilarious.

Mia has gotten so good at potty training that half of the time she doesn't even tell us that she has to go.  She just goes in the bathroom, gets her stool and potty seat in place, and does her business.  Only then does she yell at us to let us know that she had a potty victory.  She still hasn't had any accidents, but I don't expect her to be perfect.  She's amazing me with how well she's doing.  In one week, she's basically become potty trained (not counting when she sleeps).

Mia fell out of her big girl bed the night before last.  In the middle of the night, I woke up to hear her talking over the baby monitor.  She sounded annoyed like she was scolding something.  Then, it got quiet again, so I went back to sleep.  When I went to get her out of bed in the morning, the first thing she said was, "I got a owie on my nose!"  I asked her what happened and she said, "I hit it on my big girl bed."  When I asked her where, she pointed to the board that's attached to the front of the bed.  I realized then why I had heard her over the monitor.  During the night, she fell out of her bed onto the cushions in the floor, but she hit her nose on the bed in the process.  Instead of crying, she just got ticked off, scolded the bed, and climbed back in.  Haha!  This morning she was asleep on one of the floor cushions when I went into her room.  I guess she fell out and just kept sleeping.  As long as she's okay with it, I am too.

For anyone with little girls who love this book, there is a great website for Pinkalicious.  Under the "Fun and Games" section, there is a game called the Cupcake Sprinkle Game where you can build your own virtual cupcake.  Mia loves it.  I couldn't find illustrations from Pinkalicious online, so I just took pictures of the pages with my camera.










No comments: