Sunday, July 24, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Wesley converted Mia's crib to a toddler bed yesterday.  I'd been wanting to do that for awhile, but I was afraid of struggling with keeping her in there at nap time.  Last night was her first night to sleep in it, and she did great!  We put cushions on the floor beside the bed just in case, but she didn't fall out.  She's been really excited about it.  She keeps climbing up there with books and toys just to sit and play.  We'll see how nap time goes!

We've also been potty training.  Mia has a little potty that she has used a few times, but it wasn't very consistent.  Last week, I started sending her to daycare without a Pull-Up.  The big girl panties have been a great incentive.  She gets to choose Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, etc., and she absolutely doesn't want to get them wet.  However, I noticed that they have those little seats on the toilets at daycare.  I decided to get one to see if she likes it better.  No accidents in the last three days!  I guess that's what she needed.  I've been really proud of her.  Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer to get to the point of few to no accidents.  She's doing really well.
Chocolate handle bar mustache.  Lovin' ice cream on hot days!
 
Hanging out in her big girl bed
 Ready for bed
 

No comments: