Monday, July 4, 2011

Miss Z Turns One!

Mia and I took a road trip to Heavener on our own this weekend.  Wesley had to work, but Zoey's birthday party was Saturday.  There's no way we were gonna miss that!  Rachel decided to have it out at Dad and Bev's house so that it could be a pool party.  That was a fantastic idea.  I love to swim.  There were a ton of people there.  We ate lots of food, and then Zoey got to attack her smash cake.  There wasn't too much hesitation.  Before we knew it, she was getting fistfuls of hot pink icing and squishing it up in her little fists.  She really enjoyed herself! 

After cake and presents, some of us went swimming.  In the past, Mia has always been hesitant at first when getting into deep water, but then she would warm up to it and enjoy herself.  This time she had no problem with it.  She was really excited to be in the water.  She didn't want me to hold her, but I had to because of her life vest.  I didn't end up liking it because it didn't hold her upright.  She could float on her back or face down, but that just doesn't work at all.  I'm going to go buy her another kind of floatie before our next visit to a pool.  I put her (in her life vest) in a floatie ring that was already there at Dad's.  That worked really well and gave her the freedom to float on her own somewhat (with me hovering nearby as usual.  Hehe!)  I'm glad she's learning to have fun in the water.
Here's the birthday girl playing with her favorite thing at the party: balloons!
 Mia and Carson (my friend Angela's little boy) getting in on the balloon fun.
 Before shot of Zoey's smash cake.
 Miss Z is ready for some cake!
 Hmmm, what's this?
 Oh yeah!
 Papaw had to hose her off in the sink!
 The smash cake when Zoey was done with it.
 

No comments: