Monday, July 11, 2011

Mia-isms

We had a pretty good weekend around here.  At least, that is, until Wesley and I got food poisoning.  We were pretty useless yesterday.  We just laid around all day.  It was awful.  Fortunately, Mia didn't eat what made us sick.  She felt just fine.  I could tell that she was confused by our behavior.  Since when do Mommy and Daddy lay around on the couch all day?  We told her that we were sick and that our tummies hurt.  I had saltines and Powerade close at hand by the couch.  Mia would say, "Mommy's sick?"  I told her, "Yes, my tummy hurts."  She frowned at this and said, "Momma, you want cackers? You want juice?"  Then, she would hand me the Powerade and saltines.  After I took them, she said, "Okay, Momma.  Are you happy?"  I told her that yes I was happy, but my tummy still hurt.  This seemed to perplex and frustrate her endlessly.  After all, when Mommy kisses her boo-boos, they're all better.  Why couldn't she fix Mommy and Daddy?  I finally just started saying that I felt better and told her she was doing a great job of taking care of us.  We both feel fine today, but we won't be going back to that restaurant any time soon.

Wesley and I were laughing the other night about some of the cute things that Mia says, and I wanted to make sure and write them on here.  I don't want to forget these little details.  For instance, when we decided to stop carrying a diaper bag, I bought Mia a backpack that looks like a monkey.  She loves it and calls it her "monkey pack-pack".  She also has a butterfly net that she refers to as her "neck" rather than net. 

The other night after Splash Day at daycare, I was folding laundry.  Mia came into the room and said, "Hey Mommy!  You washed my bading soup!"  I couldn't figure out what she meant until she walked over and picked up her bikini top on the pile of clothes.  Oh right, bathing suit.

Mia stayed home with Wesley on Friday because Darvey, Denise, and Grandma Ella Mae were down for a visit.  Wesley said that when he asked Mia what she wanted for lunch, Mia replied, "Umm...a puper sammich!"  Wesley knew that she was saying "purple sandwich", but he still didn't know what she was asking for.  Later on, we decided she had been asking for a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

Mia is starting to ask questions that I'm not sure how to answer.  When it's her bedtime, we show her that it's dark outside and tell her that she needs to go to sleep because the sun has gone night-night.  The other night she asked me where the sun's covers are.  I thought for a second and then told her that the sun uses clouds for covers when it goes night-night.  She then asked me, "Where's the door to Sun's room?"  Hmmm, this had me stumped for a minute, but then I said, "It's behind the moon."  She nodded solemnly in acceptance of this answer, and I was feeling pretty proud of myself.  Still curious, Mia asked, "Where is Sun's bedroom?"  What? Umm, well...uh..."It's behind the door that's behind the moon."  It was a fairly lame response, but I guess she was satisfied.  She said, "Okay Mommy!"  I was relieved that that was the end of those questions because I was running out of answers.  It's funny when I think about it, though.  No parent wants to get halfway through a conversation and say, "Oh, I don't know." Haha!
Mia was bored since Mommy and Daddy were too puny to play much.  She entertained herself by standing on her toybox and throwing toys in her crib.
Wesley and I laid around so much yesterday that I guess Mia wanted to participate.  She made her own pallet in the floor.
 

No comments: