Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spider Duck?

Wesley had to work a twelve hour shift today (Boo!), so Mia and I spent the day alone.  We had a great time, but we missed her daddy.  She hasn't been wanting to nap at home for the last several weeks, so I made her a deal.  If she laid down and took a nap, we would go to the park when she woke up.  Thankfully, she took a (short) nap, so I kept my end of the bargain.  Mia loved the "paygound" (playground) as always.  After awhile I asked her if she wanted to walk over to the pond and see the ducks.  "Yeah!!!" she squealed and off we went.  As we were walking, she started singing, "Spider duck! Spider duck! Spider duck!" over and over until I asked her what that was.  She pondered the question and responded with, "Easter duck! Easter duck! Easter duck!" Yeah, I don't know what it means either, but she thought it was funny.  She kept laughing each time I asked her what she was talking about.  When we left the park, she only had one skinned knee, so she left with a smile on her face.  Since Wes had to work, I decided that our girls' day should end with dinner from Sonic.  Every girls' day should end with junk food. Am I right?  Mia got to try a cherry slush for the first time.  She loved it, but whether it was too cold or too sweet, she didn't drink a whole lot of it.  Glad that Wesley is home now!
Playing on the see-saw

 She had to sit on every one of these stumps.  She would sit on one, then say "Another one!" and move to the next one.  That took awhile!

 Lovin' her very first cherry slush!
 

No comments: