Monday, March 21, 2011

The Beauty of Spring

Wesley and I took Mia to the Arboretum yesterday to see all of the flowers.  The Arboretum is famous around the world for it's amazing gardens.  They designate this time of spring for Dallas Blooms which is the best time to see the flowers once they have opened.  There are thousands of tulips and many other flowers and trees.  It's just gorgeous.  We found an area there called the Texas Pioneer Adventure where they have recreated dwellings from Texas' pioneer days including a teepee, covered wagon, sod house, and many wooden buildings.  They were so cool to look at, and families are encouraged to go inside and look around.  Another fun feature of the Arboretum right now is the fairy tale castles.  They were built by local architects and are scattered around the grounds.  All of that stuff was really fun to see, but I would have gone even if it was only the flowers there.  They were so beautiful.  After awhile, you almost take for granted that you're strolling down the path surrounded by seas of dazzling colors.  Sigh.  I loved it.  One thing I didn't love, though, was that I forgot to charge the camera battery, and it died on me halfway through the Arboretum.  Thankfully, I was able to get some good pictures with my phone, too.  Mia enjoyed walking around, but she didn't cooperate very well with pictures.  You'll notice that in many of these pictures, she's looking in a different direction.  Oh well, it was lots of fun!







The rest of the pictures were taken on my phone.  I thought they turned out pretty well.
Beauty and the Beast castle

Sitting on the throne in Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters castle
 Wesley captured my face at the moment that Mia snapped off a tulip.  Oops!
 

No comments: