Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Lucky Charm

Today is St. Patrick's Day! Mia woke up in a great mood.  She was really excited to put on her shamrock dress.  When I got her dressed she said, "Mia sooo pitty!" (pretty).  She was, too.  I  put her hair in pigtails with two green hair clippies which she calls "hair kippies".  Lately, she hasn't had a lot of patience with me taking pictures, but this morning she humored me.  When I asked her what she wanted for breakfast, she said, "Lucky Charms!"  I thought this was entirely appropriate considering it's an Irish holiday, so she ate that with her pancakes.  She was a little testy when we first got home this afternoon, but she settled down as the afternoon went on.  By bedtime, she happily laid down and said a bunch of "bye bye"s and "lub you"s.  It cracks us up that she'll say, "Mommy's turn!" and give me a kiss and hug.  Then, she'll say, "Daddy's turn!", and Daddy gets the same.  She's such a sweet girl.
My attempt at getting a picture of the two of us in our green this morning.

One of Mia's teachers tied a bunch of curly ribbon onto her pigtails.  It was quite festive!
 After much (much much) coaxing, I talked Amelia into showing me her shamrock hat that she made at daycare.

No comments: