Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lucky Cupcakes Strike Again

Last night was the Fiesta Bowl: OU vs. UConn.  OU was heavily favored for the game, but Mia and I made our lucky cupcakes again like we did for the Big 12 Championship.  You know, just in case.  I thought Mia would have fun if I let her "help" me make them.  We got her a dining chair to stand on at the counter.  Mimi was recruited to document Mia's first foray into baking with lots of pictures.  After dumping the cupcake mix into the bowl with the eggs, oil, and water, Mia just couldn't resist.  She immediately dunked both hands into the mixing bowl before I could stop her.  Mimi and I were laughing while Daddy cleaned off Mia's hands.  We gave Mia a mixing spoon hoping it would act as a deterrent against any more sticky fingers.  Naturally, as soon as her hands were clean she submerged them again.  Daddy cleaned her hands off again, and she went back to mixing.  I was fairly positive that Mia was going to flip a big spoonful of cupcake mix in the floor, so we switched to the electric mixer.  I helped Mia hold it, and she really liked it!  We got a late start on the cupcakes, so Mia had to go to bed before she could have one.  She had a cupcake today to celebrate OU's 48-20 victory over Connecticut! Go Sooners!

Dumping cupcake mix onto her left hand as she pours it with her right hand
Curious little fingers had to see what was in the bowl
 Clean fingers
 Stirring it up
 There she goes again
 This is more like it!
 The best part- licking the mixers!

 Enjoying the finished product
 

No comments: