Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello Kitty Pizza Party

We had Mia's birthday party in Heavener on Saturday at Simple Simon's.  I decided on a Hello Kitty theme because she loves HK so much.  However, all of the decorations I found were pink, and I wanted to do a different color scheme.  I decided to make my own decorations and went with red, black, and white for the colors.  It was hard work but a lot of fun.  I made pennants with Hello Kitty faces and Mia's name on them.  I also made a name banner and ribbon topiaries that I fell in love with.  I'm thinking of putting the topiaries in Mia's room because they match her bedding pretty well.  I also used some chocolate molds to put chocolate flowers on pretzel rods.  The project that was the most difficult was the Hello Kitty cake pops.  I saw them on Bakerella's website and was totally hooked.  Wesley helped me to make them.  It took hours, but the result was awesome.  They actually looked like little Hello Kitties, and that was good enough for me!  My friend, Nikki, made Mia's HK birthday cake as well as a chocolate cake for my brother since Mia and Tyler share the same birthday.  The cakes were delicious as well as completely cute!  Thanks Nik!

I couldn't believe how many friends and family came by to celebrate Mia's birthday with us.  It was a big reminder to me of how blessed we are.  Everyone ate pizza, cake, and candy to their hearts content.  It made me so happy to get to visit with all of our amazing family and friends.  I loved seeing Mia enjoy herself surrounded by lots of people who love her.  It was a great party, and I'm so glad we had it in our hometown!
Mia was helping me with the topiaries but decided it was more fun to stuff the shredded paper in her snack cup!  Oh yeah, that was after she dumped the crackers in the floor.
 Mia and Zoey checking each other out.
 Cutie pie Zoey.  Can you tell that I bought her this onesie?

 Mia's dessert table

 Birthday girl chowing down on her favorite food



 Kennedy licking her giant lollipop!



 Looking at her book from Nana

 Kennedy and Papa
 My happy birthday girl!

 Giggling with Nana and Uncle Darvey
 

1 comment:

Carlene Boley said...

Everybody loves pizza, especially the kids! My daughter started eating pizza when she was around 2 years old and she also suggested that she wants pizza for her 3rd birthday! She loves pizza more than cake! Can you imagine that!?