Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Today is Mia's second birthday.  She had a fun day, I think.  The only negative to the day was that she had to have a shot at her two year checkup.  Her pediatrician said that everything looks perfect.  She is 27 1/2 lb. (60%) and 37 1/2 inches long (96%).  The girl is really tall.  She got a big birthday sticker from the nurse, so she was excited.  We've been trying to teach her how to hold up two fingers.  She says, "I'm two!" and then holds up some combination of fingers that remotely looks like a gang sign.  She can do it if someone helps her, though.  Her favorite phrases right now are "Come on!", "Come here!", and "Let's go!"  She's a bossy little thing. Hehe! 

I've mentioned on here before that Mia loves to clean.  She posed this morning for a picture while holding her dust mop.  As soon as the picture was over, she continued with her cleaning.  She cleaned her way over to me, and said, "Moo mees (excuse me), Mommy."  I moved out of her way, and she continued cleaning the floor.  I told her the other day that she looked like Cinderella because she was down on her hands and knees on the floor scrubbing it with a baby wipe!

Mia took cupcakes, cookies, and apple juice to daycare today to celebrate her birthday with her friends.  She had a good time, and her chin was still faintly blue from the icing when she came home this afternoon.  Her teachers told me that Mia and her friend who is a couple of weeks older than her will be promoted to the next classroom on Monday.  I'm sad that she'll be leaving her friends and teachers in Toddler I, but change is a part of life I guess.  We'll still see all of them because her new classroom is right next door.  I'm excited for Toddler II because I know that she will be learning new things from the kids who are older than her.  Sometimes I think that change is harder for me than it is for her.  She just goes with the flow. 

Mia has a pink pair of Converse high top sneakers.  They are so stinkin' cute.  Hands down my favorites of her shoes.  The teachers at daycare have gotten her to call them her Chuck Taylor's.  When you ask her what kind of shoes she is wearing, she says, "Tuck Taylor's!"  She's getting picky about what she wants to wear.  Sometimes she vetoes my choices, but so far I can still talk her into wearing matching clothes.
The birthday girl when she first woke up this morning
  Posing for mommy before school in her bday shirt and "Tuck Taylor's"


2 comments:

The Hanes Fam said...

So cute!! Happy Birthday Mia!

Christie said...

Happy birthday, Mia!!!!! You're such a beautiful girl!