Thursday, September 27, 2012

We Meet at Last!

I think it's safe to say that nobody was more excited to meet Quinn than Mia.  She was beside herself with anticipation the day after he was born.  She and my mom stopped by the gift shop to get Quinn and I presents.  Mia picked out a plant for me and a blue giraffe with a balloon and candy for her little brother.  Let me tell you, she was so proud of herself when she brought the presents into the hospital room to us.  In a single second, she saw her brother and fell in love.  She had the biggest smile on her face!  She wanted to always be touching him and asked repeatedly to hold him all afternoon.

We had a full room of visitors all day.  My parents were there as well as Nana, Uncle Darvey, and Aunt Kenda.  Mia got a little restless as the afternoon went on.  It was hard for her to be confined to a little hospital room for several hours, so some of the others took her on walks down the hall or to the cafeteria so that she could stretch her legs a bit.
Coming to meet her little brother!
 Look at her face!  Pure love!

This little boy sure is loved!
Papaw and his grandbabies
Quinn and Nana
Kisses!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I love love love these pics of Mia with her little brother! Her face seeing him for the first time is just priceless!