Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year.  I was having such a good time that I didn't take hardly any pictures.  That's okay, though.  I love taking pictures, but I don't have to chronicle every moment.  Later that evening, I went with my sister and two of my cousins to see a movie.  It's not something the four of us get to do with each other usually, so it was fun to spend time together.  After the movie, my sister went home, but my cousins weren't ready to go back.  I needed something from Wal-Mart, so we decided to run by there before we headed back.  I had neglected to remember that Wal-Mart was starting their Black Friday sales at 10pm that evening, and it was after 9:00.  I took one look at the parking lot and was fully intending to keep driving by, but I was curious to see what it was like in there on such a heavy duty shopping day.  We parked way out past the gas pumps and then made our way inside.  After walking through the store and marveling at the throngs of people ready to pounce on their merchandise, we were about to leave when I spotted a couple of things that I had already planned on buying.  Those pallets were somewhat hidden in another part of the store.  There weren't many people around there.  The girls had never participated in a Wal-Mart Black Friday and neither had I.  Thinking we were all crazy, I agreed to stay and get a couple of things.  I'd heard all of the bad stories of people getting injured and fighting over children's toys, so I was a little nervous.  I wasn't about to fight over a child's board game or a Barbie doll.  I was relieved though when we were given the go ahead from the overhead speakers, and we all calmly picked up our chosen items and walked away.  I can't vouch for anyone in the rest of the store but my fellow shoppers in our area were very polite.  The girls and I walked calmly to the registers where there was no line yet.  We paid, left the store, and were one of the first cars out of the parking lot.  It was super easy.  I really appreciated that I wasn't witness to any crazy theatrics.  Now, if we had chosen to go somewhere like Toys R Us, it might have been a different story!



No comments: