Thursday, November 10, 2011

6 Years and One Little Turkey Later...

Wes and I celebrated our six year anniversary last weekend.  I still remember our wedding so clearly, and yet, so much has happened in the last six years.  We've moved a couple of times, bought a house, and had a baby.  We went to a movie together which is rare for us.  I laughed when I realized that we hadn't been to a movie together since our anniversary last year.  We had a good time.  Mia had lots of fun with the babysitter and her daughter.  Mia was worn out after they left.  She was eating some popcorn on the couch and got really quiet.  I looked over, and she was falling asleep while still holding the bowl.

Mia has been saying some funny things lately.  She wasn't paying attention to what I was telling her the other day.  I told her, "You need to listen to me.  Do you know why?"  She said, "Because you're the boss, right?"  She always knows how to make me laugh when I'm trying to be serious.  She's been learning the song Pop Goes the Weasel at daycare.  Mia's version is Pop the Wizzle.  It cracks us up!

Today was the Thanksgiving program at daycare.  Afterwards, there was a Thanksgiving lunch for all of the families.  Mia enjoyed getting to see us in the middle of the day.  Seeing her sweet face is a great way to break up the work day for me, too!
Eating a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin, my favorite fall food.  See the gorgeous roses Wes had waiting for me when I got home on Friday?
I asked her what was wrong when she made this face.  She said, "I'm happy!"  Could've fooled me.  She looks like she's about to let somebody have it.


 

No comments: