Sunday, May 24, 2015

Matriculation is in the Air

My cousin, Shayna, graduated from high school this weekend.  It was one of those events that made me stop and think.  She's an adult now.  Wow.  We all converged on her little Arkansas hometown to celebrate this milestone as a family.  I'm so proud of her and the woman that she has become.  She has good values and a strong faith.  I love her and her sister, Kaylee, so much!  Any excuse to see those girls is a good one!

I used to worry that Mia and Quinn wouldn't be as close to the family as I would like simply because we live so far away.  We don't get to come up nearly as often as we'd like.  However, that hasn't been a problem at all.  They always feel right at home with our family, and that's a wonderful blessing.  They love to see their cousins.  We didn't get to see Connor this time, but they had a ball with Zoey and Annabelle.  I tried to take a picture when all of them climbed on Mom's couch.  The little stinkers wouldn't all look at me at the same time, but I took their picture anyway. :)


No comments: