Monday, October 3, 2011

Papaw's 50th Bday

My dad turned 50 years old on Friday.  Fifty just doesn't seem as old to me now as it did as a kid.  It's the new forty, right?  Mia and I went to Dad's party on Saturday.  It was also a surprise 40th birthday party for my Aunt Valerie even though she wasn't too surprised.  It was an awesome day.  Any time that I get to spend with my family gets an "awesome" rating, so it's to be expected.  I don't get to see my brother very often because he works away from home a lot.  He was there with my SIL Shawnna and my adorable nephew, Connor.  That little Connor is cuteness personified.  I'm so glad we got to see them.  Mia had a blast.  She wanted to get in the swimming pool so bad and couldn't understand why we hadn't brought her bathing suit.  The swimming season is over for the year for us.  The weather is amazing right now, just as autumn should be.  I'm so excited for pumpkins and football and all of the great things that go along with fall.
Zoey was so excited to see Mia.  The girls kept hugging each other over and over.
 These two were having so much fun that they refused to go to bed on Friday night.  Here they are at 10:30, and they're wide awake!
 It's hard to get three little ones to all look at the camera at the same time.  Here's Rachel and Zoey, my Mamaw (just turned 91 in July!), Mia and I, Tyler and Connor, and my dad
 A certain someone decided she wanted to go head-first down the slide.
Sweet cousins
 

No comments: