Sunday, December 26, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Mia and I went to Heavener for Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day.  Wesley had to work, so we came back to spend some of our Christmas Day with him.  We got to see so many people while we were in town.  I love getting to visit with everyone.  On Christmas Eve morning, we went to see Uncle Larry, Aunt Denise, Cameron, and Uncle Darvey.  Mia got to eat peanuts for the first time.  She loves peanut butter, but I haven't given her any whole nuts until then.  She kept eating the salted peanuts, so we knew that she liked them.  However, her cheeks were looking mighty full after awhile.  It turned out that she was chewing them up but wasn't swallowing them for some reason.  She wouldn't spit them out, but she would stick out her tongue for me to rake them out with my finger.  I'm not sure what that was about.

Shayna, Kaylee, and I made snowmen and Christmas mice.  The mice were an homage to the Nutcracker.  I didn't get a picture of them until they had been raided, but you can see the cute little guys.  They were adorable.  The snowmen got gobbled up too, but I got a picture of one.  I like making holiday treats.  It adds to the festivities.  My mom's side of the family celebrates the holiday on Christmas Eve, so we all gathered at Nanny and Papa's house.  My niece, Zoey, and my nephew, Connor, were there.  I was happy that Mia got to spend some time with them.  We played our usual family Christmas games.  Mia won a flashlight, and I won a heating pad.  You never know what you'll end up with when you play Dirty Santa.  My brother usually wins brownie mix.  This year, he got lady's body wash and lotion.  It cracks me up to see what he wins each year.  Mia and I had one more Christmas party to go to that evening, so I thought that we would get our Dirty Santa gifts and go.  There were 28 gifts, and we drew numbers to see what order they would be chosen.  I got number 28!  Yeah, that took awhile.

I took Mia out to see Wesley's family later that evening.  Well, I didn't just go for Mia.  I wanted to go, too!  I love his family.  They are always very welcoming and so much fun.  They were all gathered at the "white house" as everyone calls it.  We slipped in while they were reading the Christmas story.  We had a good time visiting with everyone.  I'm glad that we got to see all of them.

Christmas Eve at Nanny and Papa's house
Christmas mice and snowman


 Kennedy playing the dice game
 Papaw, Mommy, and Mia
 Nanny with my cutie pie nephew, Connor
 Kaylee holding Connor and Zoey while Mia stays close to her Mimi

Mia and I with Wesley's cousin, Gwen, and her sweet Gina

Snuggling in to wait for Santa

No comments: