Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mia and Santa

One of the parents at Mia's daycare is a photographer.  She sent out an e-mail invitation to sign up for Santa pictures.  She decided to take the pictures at a baby boutique in the Bishop Arts district.  We love that part of Oak Cliff (and that store!).  It felt kind of weird to take Christmas pictures the weekend before Thanksgiving, but I knew I'd be happy to get it done.  Plus, that meant I wouldn't have to stand in line at a mall for an hour to get a Santa picture.  The photographer, Christy, took the fall pictures for the kids at daycare.  They were beautiful, so I knew I would like this picture, too.  Mia and I booked the last appointment of the day.  I figured that even if she had a major meltdown, at least we wouldn't be keeping the next people in line waiting.  There was no meltdown, but Mia was very suspicious of Santa at first.  She wouldn't sit in his lap until he had a stuffed toy that she wanted to look at.  Christy took a ton of pictures as we all made funny faces trying to get Mia to smile.  By the end of the picture session, Mia had decided that Santa was alright.  She was giving him high fives and giggling.  I bought the digital image of the picture I chose so that I could print off as many as I wanted.  Another successful visit with Santa!  Mia gets excited each time she sees the picture so I put one on the bookshelf in her room.  When she sees it, she says, "Mia! Ka-ka-ka Koz! (Santa Claus)".

No comments: