Sunday, December 26, 2010

Santa Was Here

Mia and I stayed the night at Mimi and Pa Pa's house on Christmas Eve.  She still doesn't understand what Santa does even though she recognizes him when she sees him.  On Christmas morning, she puttered around the living room without paying any attention to the toys sitting under the tree.  We finally pointed them out to her, and she went to inspect them.  Santa brought her some fun toys including a toaster set that came with a butter knife for her toast.  Next, she opened her gifts from Mimi and Pa Pa.  After, trying to rip the paper off, she got the butter knife that went with her toaster and started trying to cut the paper.  Smart little thing, isn't she?  I think one of her favorites was the cleaning set she got.  It came with a mop, broom, swiffer, and other cleaning stuff for kids.  She wanted the broom out and started sweeping.  That child loves to clean. 

I got all of our stuff loaded into the Jeep.  We said goodbye to Nanny and Mimi and headed out to Papaw and Nana Bev's house.  We got to visit with everyone out there and have a delicious lunch courtesy of Nana Bev.  Mia was out on the front porch with her Papaw making faces at me through the glass door.  At one point, they smooshed their faces against the door.  It was cracking me up!  Next, we went out to Mamaw's house to see my dad's side of the family.  It was great to see some family that I only see a couple times a year.  Mia was fascinated with my cousin Stacy's son, Brayden.  He was wound up and full of energy.  He's an adorable little guy.
Pa Pa opening Mia's puzzles from Santa


 Mia found her Bumbo chair that we loaned to Zoey.  She insisted on sitting in it.


 Using her plastic butter knife to try and cut off the paper.  I swear I don't stage this stuff!

 Being silly with Papaw

No comments: