Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Electric Ponytail

I can put Mia's hair in a ponytail! I've been waiting for this forever. Now, not all of it is long enough just yet, but it's so cute! She looks like Pebbles Flintstone. I've been putting hair clips in her hair (which she frequently removes herself immediately), but she never tried to pull down the ponytail. It stands straight up, and looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket. Who cares? Too cute, too cute.

I took Mia for her 15 month checkup with Dr. Curry this morning. She zoomed all over the waiting room playing and babbling to the other babies. She was still happy when the nurse brought us back to the exam room where she got to play with some toys. Then...Dr. Curry came in. I absolutely love him because he is brilliant, nice, and so good with kids. However, the second Mia saw him, she ran to my lap and started freaking out. I wouldn't have thought she would remember him from her last appointment, but I guess she did. She must have thought, "This guy being here means shots! Save me Mommy!" She did get the shots, but she only cried for a few seconds. Then, she was given a tongue depressor to play with as she sat on the exam table. Somehow, this made her forget about the nasty shots. Her measurements this time were 22 lbs 8 oz (less than 50%) and 31 inches (75%). I knew she had gotten taller, but I was surprised that she has only gained one pound since her twelve month visit. Only one pound gained in three months? The kid eats all of the time. Constantly. I'm sure it's because she is so active now. Dr. Curry said she's doing great!
Close-up of the ponytail
I know it's a little crooked, but undeniably adorable.

No comments: