Friday, June 5, 2015

Last Day of Kindergarten

Today was Mia's last day of kindergarten.  You would think that like most kids, she would be shouting hooray that school is out for the summer, but it was just the opposite.  She has loved school this year and has adored her teachers, Ms. McGinley and Ms. Ferrusca.  She told me that sometimes kids get to go to kindergarten twice, so she wants to have Ms. McGinley as her teacher again next year.  She's so sad to leave her class.  I reminded her that she'll still see her at school, but I could tell that she knew it won't be the same.  I hope that she gets teachers this fantastic next year, too.  Her teachers this year have done more than just put facts in her head.  They've instilled an interest in learning and done so in a loving environment that Mia has just flourished in.  Her first year in the dual language program has been great, and I look forward to next year.  Now, I just need to convince her that first grade will be as fun as kindergarten.  Her class had a little ceremony in the classroom where they gave out achievement certificates and awards.  Mia won the Physical Education award for her class.

No comments: