Saturday, April 5, 2014

Batter Up

Mia chose to play t-ball this spring.  I asked her about it because I knew that a few of her friends would be playing as well.  She had declined to play soccer in the fall, so I assumed she would say no.  She wanted to try it, though, so I signed her up.  She knows nothing about baseball, so she didn't even understand the basics of the game.  Fortunately, I don't think any of the other kids on her team have ever played before either.  They had one practice before their first scrimmage.  It was cold the morning of the scrimmage, so most of the players were wearing jackets.  I had thought it might warm up a little, so I didn't pay much attention to the jacket Mia had worn.  I must say that she looked adorable playing t-ball in her Rainbow Dash hoodie, though.  She played in the dirt a lot on defense, but she did get to hit the ball and managed to get around all of the bases before the end of the inning.  I'm still not really clear on the rules of t-ball since they differ from some of the traditional rules, but the point is that the kids have fun.  If you look at these pictures, you will see that mission was accomplished.






No comments: