Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pay a Little, Get a Lot

This week was my favorite kids consignment sale here in DFW.  I always work a volunteer shift so that I can shop the presale before it opens to the public.  They are very picky about what they accept to sell.  I like that because everything I buy looks almost brand new and the prices are great.  It really helps to find good deals on clothes when you're shopping for two kids.  I like the thrill of the hunt at the consignment sale.  You go in with a big group of women and make a beeline for the things on your wishlist.  There's always a ton of clothes, so I went first to another room and scored a Radio Flyer wagon.  I wanted one for going places like the zoo and Arboretum for the kids to ride in.  Mia is five, so I didn't really think that a double stroller was a good investment for us.  The wagon I got is one of those that has high wooden rails on the side.  It's perfect for what we want to use it for.  It was in great condition.  Even the wheels were clean like it was barely used.  I also bought Quinn a little basketball goal that he seems to really enjoy.  I got a few other fun things for the kids, too, but I mostly bought clothes.  I already can't wait for the fall sale.  It's so much fun!


No comments: