Monday, April 9, 2012

IT'S A...............

I'll let Mia do the honors to reveal the baby's gender.  To throw a festive Easter spin on it, I decided to put either pink or blue jelly beans in a golden prize egg.  Mia opened it to find out if she's getting a brother or sister.  She tries to say the baby's name in the first video, but she stumbles on it a bit.  To hear the name correctly, watch the second video.

Drum roll please......................................................


Mia had to try one more time to say the name.
 We are having a baby boy!  We are so excited!  Mia really wanted a sister, but she's getting excited at the idea of a brother.  It's just taking her a little getting used to.  Haha!  Mia gets her "big girl furniture" this weekend, and she's excited about her new room.  She'll be moving into what is currently our guest bedroom, and we'll be setting up her old room as little brother's new nursery.  It made sense because all of the baby furniture (crib, etc.) is already in there.  Our little boy's name is Quinn Marcus McGee.  Quinn is a name that we really like, and Marcus is (of course) Wesley's brother's name.  I'm so happy to be having a boy!  We've had "girl" on the brain for over three years now, so I guess some part of me just assumed this child would be a girl, too.  I love, love, love having my girl, but what a happy surprise!  We'll soon be entering a new chapter of our lives with another sweet blessing, a son!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I love the name!

Christie said...

Congratulation to the three of you!! I am so excited to hear it's a boy and I know you will absolutely love having one of each. What a blessing! And great job on the name. I love, love, love it!

Gwen said...

Congrats to you guys! Very exciting to have another little boy in the family! And love his name!