Monday, October 25, 2010

Flower Girl

My sister, Rachel, got married yesterday at the Runestone, and Mia was the flower girl.  She did really well.  I was the maid of honor (I told Rachel I'm too young to be called a matron, married or not!).  I figured that Mia would see me already standing up at the front and just walk to me.  Just to be safe, we had my cousin, Kaylee, walk with her in case she got sidetracked.  I knew that the notion of throwing flower petals would be a little beyond her comprehension at this age, so we nixed that idea.  Instead, I made her a flower ball to carry.  It was super easy to make.  I just took a foam floral ball and ran a pen through it to create an opening.  Then, I pushed the ribbon through to make a loop and tied the ends.  Next, I cut the stems off of fresh button mums and attached them to the ball using one corsage pin for each flower.  I was extremely pleased with how it turned out.  Mia carried it around calling it her purse.  Mia did her flower girl job well, but like any 1 1/2 year old, she can't stand still for long.  I had to hold her for awhile until she got too wiggly.  When I put her down, she sat down in the floor and tried to crawl away.  Did I mention that this was during the ceremony?  I was bent over with one hand holding onto Mia when Rachel was handing me her bouquet so that they could light the unity candle.  Oh well, you just have to laugh.  Nobody cared.  We're all a pretty easy-going bunch.  Little Zoey behaved like an angel during the ceremony.  She and Mia had matching dresses.  They looked so precious.  Rachel and Jay had a happy day, and we're glad to welcome Jay into the family!
Zoey is such a happy baby!
Mimi, Pa Pa, and Ruby Ann
The happy couple



Zoey was tired of the dress, so her entourage changed her clothes while Mia supervised.

 Mia and Papaw
Me and my baby sister.  Isn't she a beautiful bride?

 Mia loved her flower ball and insisted on holding it when we got into the car.

No comments: