Sunday, January 3, 2010

Taking a Stroll

Nana and Keith came to visit Mia this weekend. We had a great time! We had dinner at Vitto's in Bishop Arts. It's an Italian restaurant that Wesley and I have been wanting to try. I don't know about everybody else, but I loved it! I rate Italian restaurants by their fettuccine alfredo, and Vitto's aced it. Next time, we're going to try their pizza. We had lots of fun playing Chicken Foot dominoes and Scattergories, too. Nana and Keith brought Christmas gifts since we didn't get to see them last weekend. We had all been talking about renting a cabin somewhere this summer for a vacation. Their gift to Wesley and I was that they are going to pay for the cabin. It will be so much fun...Mia will be walking, we'll get to swim and do stuff outside...I can't wait! Mia got some cute clothes, and her big present was a Disney princess riding toy. Now, she has two riding toys, but they are totally different. She loves both of them. She was playing with her princess rider today. Instead of sitting on it to ride, she was standing up and trying to push the steering wheel. I turned it around so that she could hold onto the backrest because that part is taller. As soon as she got ahold of it, she took off! She was holding onto it and walking so fast that I could hardly keep up with her. I brought her into the living room to show Wesley. We were both laughing so hard that Mia kept ramming the rider into furniture before we could stop her. You'd think someone had lit a fire under her. I'm hoping that pushing the rider will show her that she can walk on her own. So far, she's been too nervous to let go of the furniture as she walks along beside it.

Mia at 11 months old (49 weeks)
Daddy and Keith putting together the princess rider.
Nana and Mia are supervising.

Mia with her princess rider.

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

What a cutie she is, Carol! Your Uncle J.C. and I both watched this several times. He got such a kick out of her stopping and getting her balance and then she just kept on going straight into the "crash point". He does not have much interest in anything so it was good to see his response to Mia.