Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Birthday Party

Mia actually had two birthday parties. They were both on Saturday. We drove up to Heavener so that our families could be with us to celebrate. Mia's first party was at Nanny and Papa's house. There were lots of family and friends there. I knew that Mia wouldn't remember any of it, but I decorated just the same. It was a pink explosion! I tried not to go overboard, but I just had to put up the wall decorations, banner, centerpieces, etc. Mia had a Winnie the Pooh cake. We also had ice cream as well as chips and dips and other snacks. It was so adorable to watch her with her own little cake that the bakery threw in for free. She was a little hesitant as to what exactly it was for. She got the hang of dipping her fingers in and flinging icing over her shoulder onto the wall and on one of Nanny's plants. Mia doesn't especially like sugar yet, so I opted for yellow cake with whipped icing. It's not as sweet as traditional icing, and I must admit that I prefer it. Mia liked it, too. By the time she was done, she had icing in her hair, eyebrows, in her ears, up her nose,...I'm glad I stripped her down to her diaper first. She even gave me a bite! She got lots of cute clothes and toys, also. For Mia's second party, we went out to dinner that night. Nana and Keith were there as well as several other family members. We had a good meal, another yummy cake, and gifts. I think it's safe to say that she has a favorite birthday present. She loves all of them, but there is one that makes her squeal with delight each time she crawls in her room and sees it. That would be her Elmo chair that Uncle Darvey got her. I'm not sure if she recognizes Elmo from daycare or if she likes the color red or what. All I know is that she LOVES that chair. She doesn't even usually sit in it, yet. She likes to get down on her knees in front of it and giggle or give it a kiss. I'm so glad that we got to celebrate her first birthday with so many people we love! Thank you everyone for making it so special!
Mia's little cake before...
Mia all nice and clean before...
Amelia, this is what we call cake...
Offering Momma her fingers to lick.
Mia's little cake after...
Mia covered in icing after...
Getting some help unwrapping presents from Shayna.

2 comments:

The Hanes Fam said...

So cute!! I'm glad you all had a great time. And I'm glad she got to wear the dress!!! She looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

Mia is so cute and such a sweetheart! Every picture is a story! Aunt Lynne