Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparents Day!

Grandparents Day isn't a major holiday, but I thought it would be nice to take a moment to say that our family feels very blessed by all of Mia's grandparents and great-grandparents. We're so happy that she has grandparents that are actively a part of her life. Many children are not given that opportunity, and we don't take it for granted. Thank you Nana, Grammy, Pa Pa, Papaw, Nana Bev, Nanny, Papa, Mamaw, and Grandma Ella Mae for being such a wonderful source of love and support.

We started Mia on peas the other night. It is the first food that she doesn't seem to like very well. She ended up having carrots for dinner instead. We tried again last night, but it was the same thing. I'm hoping that if we continue to offer her peas once in awhile, she'll learn to like them. It was also very difficult to puree them enough for the strainer. My friend suggested frozen split peas instead of whole peas. I might try that next time. This week we will start avocados. I think after that we'll try pears.

Mia still shows no interest in crawling. She will play on her stomach briefly, but she can't figure out how to get the arms and legs going at the same time. She does, however, like to stand up while holding on to furniture. She can only stand a short time, but she likes it very much.
Mia at 33 weeks (7 1/2 months old)
The sleeping bunny on her shirt was too cute.
"Okay that looks and tastes weird."
"I'm not sure about these peas."
"Oh no, no, no! I don't like peas at all!"
"There's no way I'm opening my mouth for any more of that green stuff."

No comments: