Friday, October 24, 2014

Literacy Parade

Mia's school did a literacy parade today.  They had asked all of the kids to dress up as their favorite storybook character for it.  Mia's Halloween costume qualified as a storybook character, but I decided to try to come up with a different idea in case they end up letting the kids wear their costumes a different day.  Mia ended up agreeing to Mary Poppins.  She's seen the movie and liked the idea.  The costume was fairly simple, too.  I was able to get most of what we needed between Target and the Halloween store next door to it.  Wesley made the Mary Poppins hat.  Isn't it darling?  I bought the flowers at Michael's, and he did a great job!  The only item I couldn't locate was a red bow tie.  I found a tutorial on how to make one online, and I think it turned out fine.  It didn't stay on too great, but she still had it at the end of the school day.  We are going to start reading the Mary Poppins book, too.  It doesn't have many pictures (just the occasional sketch) since it's a chapter book, but I hope that Mia will enjoy it!

No comments: