Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year holiday. Things were good here in D-Town. My mom and bro came down, and we all ate a big dinner. Ham was enjoyed by all.

Things learned from the Christmas Holiday:
  • Apple juice and computer keyboards don't mix
  • Robots make great gifts
  • Baton twirling is an enjoyable leisure activity
  • It's not healthy to drink orange juice that's two weeks out of date

So did any of you make a New Year's resolution? I typically don't go for that kind of thing. Resolutions just seem like empty promises you make to yourself so you'll feel better. "I'm going to lose weight this year." Yeah, right. And two weeks later it's, "Could you please pass the lard?"

At any rate, in light of our current situation, I have a resolution this year (and every year from here on out) to be the best dad I can be. I hope to model my fatherly career on that of my own dad's and to a degree that of Ward Cleaver's. Maybe with a little Andy Taylor thrown in for good measure.

I'll be re-posting in a couple of days so be sure you watch for that. A lot of people have been asking for directions to the hospital for the big day. I plan on posting with a map and written directions so you too can find your way to Methodist Dallas and bask in the glow that will be Amelia Korynn.

-WM

No comments: