Friday, September 19, 2014

San Francisco Trip Part I

I had an opportunity to go to a conference in San Francisco through my job.  Wes and I rarely leave the kids overnight, so he went with me.  Nana came to Dallas to stay with Mia and Quinn.  Wes and I had a great time exploring San Francisco.  Our hotel was in Union Square close to the conference site.  We got there early on Saturday even though the conference didn't start until Sunday.  We had most of the day to walk around.  So we walked...a lot.  We also took the street cars quite a bit while we were there.  It was super cheap.  I think we only used about $25 on public transportation while we were there.  We also took the city buses once, but I really enjoyed our ride on the cable car.  I was glad to check that off of my San Francisco to do list.  The street cars were really nice, too.  We rode one down to Fisherman's Wharf and explored that area a bit.  I got to see the sea lions that hang out at Pier 39, so I was excited.  There was a chocolate festival going on on Saturday at Ghirardelli Square, so we definitely made an appearance at that.

Then, we walked down to the beach and people-watched for awhile.  There is certainly a diverse range of people who call San Francisco home.  We saw a lot of people on bikes which included a lot of rentals.  And the hills!  They are every bit as steep as they appear to be.  We walked up to Lombard Street because I wanted a picture of it.  It's a very crooked street that crosses back and forth down a hill.  It's also landscaped and looks beautiful. 


No comments: