Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beary Cute

I took Quinn and Mia to Heavener this weekend for my sister's baby shower.  She will be having a baby girl next month.  It felt like such a quick trip because we were busy the entire time.  The drive up there (and back) took soooo long.  I like it when Wes drives and I nap.  That works for me much better.  Thankfully, we got to spend a little time with my dad and aunt while we were there, too.  Quinn and Mia had such a good time with them.  Mia just eats up all of the attention from my dad.  Q had fun too, and was all smiles and giggles while we were there.  There did come a point, though, where he got a little fussy.  I realized that he had been held most of the day since he'd been passed around a lot at the baby shower.  He loves to spend time in the floor where he can stretch out and roll.  My dad suggested letting him lay on the bear skin rug.  It's from a bear my dad got when he went bear hunting in Canada a few years back.  Mia wanted to know where it came from, so my dad tried to explain.  Mia then started asking dad about all of the different animals he could shoot and turn into rugs.  She was certain that he could make a rug out of a spider or a shark (both animals that she deemed "mean" although I later tried to explain to her that they aren't mean just dangerous).  I grew up in a family where hunting is the norm, but we still value animal life and don't want to promote negative feelings from kids.  Hopefully, Mia won't want Dad to shoot every animal that spooks her.
The mommy-to-be with her second baby girl
 Zoey is excited about her baby sister coming soon!

Quinn with the bear at 24 weeks old
Mia used the bear as a drawing table
 Q really wanted to get his hands on the bear skull, but Papaw kept it just out of reach.

No comments: